Title: Manager, Customer Service & Order Management
Reports To: Director – Order Management & Customer Service
The Manager, Hoofddorp, Supply Chain – Order Management & Customer Service, is responsible for supporting daily operations of Timex Group Global Order Management and will routinely partner with the other regional Order Management Managers. This role plays a critical part in the monitoring and controlling of the processes related to customer orders as executed by the team they supervise.
The OM Team is responsible for all customer orders which includes the end-to-end processes from order receipt, to entry, to monitoring, safeguarding & communicating through pick, pack, ship and invoice
- Manage an assigned team of Customer Order Management Specialists
- Plans, prioritizes, and schedules the team’s activities and resources to ensure continuity of service
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Ensure the OM activities regarding displays, samples and spare parts activities are conducted
- Work with multiple functions across the organization including Finance, Logistics, Operations, Sales and Brand to meet customer order needs with a focus on business process improvement
- Provide accurate weekly analytic data metrics and reporting; evolve team to produce and provide foundational reporting activities supporting these weekly analytics with accuracy
- Analyzes inquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommends solutions, and identifies where Order Management processes can be improved. Tracks improvements to closure and communicate same to internal partners or customers.
Assists in executing training plans, monitoring for performance and makes recommendations for improvements
- Assists in developing problem-solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials to assist all staff to respond to inquiries in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Answers more complex, escalated internal and customer inquiries on product availability, prices, delivery times, and the status of orders so that inquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately
- As assigned, liaises with functional managers to ensure that Customer Order Management activities are integrated with other parts of the business and appropriate for current and future departmental needs globally.
- Make Customer Order Management policy recommendations that align with the strategic direction of the company and/or provide better service to fulfill our customers’ orders
- Monitors the status of Customer Order Management activities to identify problem areas, collaborates with other regional managers and recommends adaptations to procedures which improve the overall performance of the global team
- Assists in defining metrics and strategy for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure OM (Order Management) performance, create scorecards, and keep stakeholders updated on performance.
- Balances stakeholders with diplomacy – Anticipating the needs of multiple, high profile stakeholders while protecting the priority of order management responsibilities.
- Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to be accurate, precise and timely
- Master Data Management – substantial MDM data cleansing support in prep for next gen MDM
- 8+ years customer order management with minimum 3+ years managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Must be fluent in English – verbal and written; other languages preferred
- Demand Control Experience preferred not required
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work across all levels of an organization – Finance, IT, Sales & Operations
- Oracle ERP or OMS Platform otherwise 8+ Years with significant OMS Software Package required
- Knowledge of software/system implementations or enhancements within order management
- CPG experience – jewelry, watches, accessories, fashion – preferred not required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Experience: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams, CRM